Monday, September 2, 2013

Another mess. :)

Now, I finished with the new breasts, it's seems to working right. And right away I found another problem. Now, character have "base" weight that controlled by the "generic.weight" gene. All weight from various organs added to it as effects and result used as final character weight. It's been logical before I begin to add fat to the calculations, but now it's just a another mess. Even more - I found out, that if character is hybrid between species and inherit this gene, and gene "generic.height" from various parents, result can become complete unrealistic. Well, it's can be even logically unrealistic. So, I need to change this too.

I think, best solution for this problem, is the completely removal "generic.weight" from the DNA. It's should not be a primary inheritable stat. It should be secondary (RNA) stat calculated by every hour scripts. Based on the character height, and his/her body composition. Also, I think, it's time to add in the game another organ type object - body. As these calculations are obviously will be different for various creatures type, and need to have their own specific place.

P.S. I need to say another thanks to the author of the WG scenario - as it's his scenario helped to discover all of these potential problems. And it's good that they found out at this stage - later it will be much harder to change something this deep in the characters base mechanic...

4 comments:

  1. Hm... in my VERY humble opinion you might be moving around quite difficult things there. Disproportionate fat accumulations might be the reason why some people find WG so unpleasant - and at the same time some of us are so interested about it.

    In any case the number of combinations could get devastating, especially if you are adding different species into the game and still thinking about different body types.

    The quality of a fetish game, as I understand it, lies in it's ability to get the player thinking along those lines he/she finds arousing. Yet, if the number and complicity of game-facts and descriptions grows very large that could finally disturb the experience.
    I am certain we are not even close that point. Just a thought while I stay keenly waiting for a release.

    BW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Game do not force player to go through content that he find unpleasant. WG scenario will can be avoided as other things, and player will not need to do something special to be sure that proxies will not to become fat.

      But problem with the weight stat as it right now, is that it's a absolute value. So, if it pass to the character with smaller height he/she easily be shown as overweight. So, this need to be fixed. Having weight calulated on the base of the height and some relative stat will always show a correct result.

      Also it can allow me to not use BMI in the selection of text for the characters descriptions. I can change it to using direct body fat weight to full body weight ratio. It's will be more accurate, and much more universal, as BMI is officially correct only for the adult humans.

      Delete
  2. Urgh I did make a lot of work for you. Glad I stuck to a small script, I didn't want to go overboard as it would make loads of work for you.

    Well I didn't avoid that, at least the system should be more future proof in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the work you have done will not be wasted! I, at least, will be going trough all possibilities to get proxies fat. :)

    ReplyDelete