Thursday, April 17, 2014

Maybe it's not so bad...

.. as I thought. It's seems that Java 8 can be compatible with newer MVEL version if some optimization specific functions is disabled. But this newer version have some specific behavior itself. If in the game exist script with code like this:
<%
someVar = "value";
Include("some_template_with_using_someVar_inside");
%>
it will cause error. To avoid it scripts should be changed by splitting single script to the two independed ("Include" is used inside another <%%> tag, ""; at the end of first cript used to suppress output from it):

<% someVar = "value"; ""; %>
<%Include("some_template_with_using_someVar_inside"); %>
This will work normally.

So: I will be upgrading MVEL to this new version, and do a check through all scripts in the game. After it's done there will be 0.97 release.

Also it will have new functional - from scripts will be possible to check: who is mother or father of the specific character. His genetic will have four special genes with names and UUID's of the parents. But if character is generated from the template these genes will be empty.

5 comments:

  1. I think there's a problem with Daria's blessing, the game stops working for me when my baby get's to age 5. There's some error that comes up but I'm not sure what it is but I think it's Daria's blessing. Could you please check it out and get me back if I'm right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please post text of this "some error" here. I do not have a spirit power to guess it from the distance. :)

      Delete
    2. If your question about how to copy from the console window - you can use this instruction:
      http://unlockforus.blogspot.com/2009/06/how-to-copy-paste-text-from-cmd-or.html
      Or this:
      http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-copy-and-paste-windows-command-prompt.htm

      Delete
    3. Thank you for the links, I'll need to post it on Futanaripalace in the thread. it's too long to be posted in the reply box

      Delete