Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Angry at myself.

Today I spent most time to trying TO GET THIS ... subsystem of my program work as supposed to. It's again all about multithreading in the processing backgrounds code. Well, it's all started as I come with a idea how to really fasten script execution. At least get them to work two or three times faster. But after I finished coding, though it's begins to work faster, but program begins to generate tons of the errors... I begin to think that with my inexperience with the mutithreading, I was setup really big trap in my code, and succesfuly catch myself in it.

Now it's looks like it's much more easier to delete all background subsytem code from the sources, and rewrite it from the scrath. :( Only one good thing that I can see from all this - I got some practical experience.

And sorry, though new content almost done, I can't release new verson in such state. It's will be unplayable. :( I need to fix this issue in game engine and make it work normal. Not sure how much time it will take. But it need to be done.

4 comments:

  1. Okay so I get that you place scripts like this:

    self.addEffect("breast.size", "boost", 15);

    but where exactly would I place this script? I know you said I should be able to just change the value and press "next hour" but when I'm at the edit Gene window and make the change nothing happens,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Game not have something like "console" for entring random script command through gameplay. If you like to use scripting - you need to create event or item etc for it. Text field in the gene editor - it's place for scritpt that will be called every game hour. These scripts can be used to emulate special effects that are transfered through genetic.

      Delete
  2. that seems to be compatible with the script for item use.

    if you want to change the value manualy for a character development tab -> select character -> edit character -> locate gene to edit -> click on RNA gene ->change value. no need to save gene

    if you want the edit to carry to children edit character -> edit DNA -> locate gene-> change value

    if you try to edit the base which characters are modeled: DNA templates -> load template to modify -> edit sequence -> locate gene -> change value -> save DNA

    hope that helps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This is exactly what I wanted, +1

      Delete