Sunday, August 4, 2013

Testers needed!



Okay. I thought that all errors in the game related to background tasks fixed, but I still got bug report about problem that looks like it.

And I still can't force game to hang on any of my three testing system (Windows and Linux included). So, now I can only rely on you. At least we need to know - if it's still my errors, or maybe something it the java versions incopability, or something other...

This is the new standalone Windows only version with integrated Java JRE:
(Pass: fmaster)

Also it have slightly modified launcher that always show console with system java output. Please, those of you, who experience hang-ups before, try this version and do this:

After starting game, look at the console. First two lines will show you what version of java game use this time. It supposed to be like this:

Java home: E:\Java_NetBeans\Release\FetishMaster_0_93_standalone\java
Version: 1.7.0_11

Line "Java home" - supposed to show place where game is unziped, and be something other at you system.
Line with "Version" supposed to be exactly the same, or game is using not included java, but common JRE installed in your system. (First line show it too).

If you game hang, change active window to the console, and press CTRL+Pause (CTRL+Break) on yours keyboard. It force Java to display many technical information in the console about current program state. It will be greatest help, if you send this dump to me.
(You also can display this dump at any time, but it will be useful for me only if it taken at the time of the game hang-up.)

In case that you don't know how to copy from the console, there is detailed instruction:

8 comments:

  1. Had a bash at a WG storyline.

    Not sure its complete enough, but uploading it anyway.

    https://anonfiles.com/file/edeccf684df3992fbe81ef9e4ef6f609

    FYI after the later stages it leaves to door open to non-WG items and quests. Hope it might be useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad, but you write it as for the CoC - yours text use first person. All texts for events in FM use third person. So, it's will take a little time for me to edit. Some sentences about farm is conficted with other content too, but it's definitely can be in game. Thanks for the addition.

      Delete
    2. I realized it was pretty rough. Writing is far from my main job.

      I wanted to leave the door open to other types of expansion, specifically being that you mention you aren't in WG.

      Would you like me to edit it? or could we get someone else to edit it? I'm not precious.

      In my mind there would be something to do with Kitty Mint, where you could create Kitty mint cake to hire a cat girl. Or catching a giant bee to help a flower farmer to make giant honeycomb which would affect height.

      Just stuff like that.

      Delete
    3. I can edit all text to resolve logical problems - it's much more easy than writing from scratch. But if you can edit it before, and change first person to third - it will be good too.

      Also I just thought: maybe "advanced milker" is not the best name for new device. In RL, cream processed from the milk in the devices that named a "separator". If you do not mind, I like to change this name too.

      Kitty Mint - I created it without big plans - just in pair with the forest catgirl. :) So feel free to use
      phantasy to create more use of it.

      Delete
    4. I have updated the document with the changes.

      https://anonfiles.com/file/54c23bc45d8afc9dc3054b967e2a9bd7

      Tried to explain more with sizes. I would imagine, body fat would be described like an organ.

      If this works out for you I will probably write more. Probably not just WG.

      Thanks again.

      Delete
    5. Received.

      About new organ - logical organ for this will be "stomach". Also it can be useful in future for stuffing content. :)

      I'll will begin to script you story after finishing with the freezing bug.

      Delete
  2. Ok, I just got the game do hang up and not respond anymore. My CPU was under a steady load, so FM seemed to do something without getting anywhere. Here is the dump, just like you asked:

    http://pastebin.com/cxT0jGDV

    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! It VERY helped! Now, I can see in a what part of code lies this problem, and I do not thought about this posibility before. So, it's may be a key for the resolution.

      Great Thanks for help.

      Delete